The Downtown Fresno Foundation and Downtown Fresno Partnership, in conjunction with Wells Fargo, are pleased to announce an open call for interested participants for the 2017-18 Fulton Marketplace Program. This 12-month program matches four emerging small businesses, entrepreneurs, makers, curators, and designers with a temporary retail area in a shared storefront in the Fulton District, Fresno’s downtown commercial district.
The program aims to:
- Nurture local talent by allowing emerging small businesses, entrepreneurs, makers, curators and designers to test and enhance their product line in low- to no-cost space;
- Recruit potential future independent retailers to the area;
- Increase the vibrancy and retail mix of Fulton District by activating vacant storefronts;
- Place local emerging small businesses into permanent storefronts in downtown Fresno; and,
- Showcase retail leasing opportunities for Fulton District retail real estate.
Who Can Participate?
We are looking for creators, innovators, visionaries, self-starters, hard workers, believers. In short: entrepreneurs. If you love to create and have an existing, emerging small business, we want to see you downtown.
The following criteria will be applied to determine four finalists:
- Improvement to the downtown retail mix
- Applicant’s experience and investment
- Ability to engage the public
- Job creation
- Business vision and plan
- 60-second pitch video