Download the Program Packet: Fulton Marketplace Program
The Downtown Fresno Foundation and Downtown Fresno Partnership, in conjunction with Wells Fargo, are pleased to announce an open call for interested participants for the 2017-18 Fulton Marketplace Program. This 12-month program matches four emerging small businesses, entrepreneurs, makers, curators, and designers with a temporary retail area in a shared storefront in the Fulton District, Fresno’s downtown commercial district.
The program aims to:
- Nurture local talent by allowing emerging small businesses, entrepreneurs, makers, curators and designers to test and enhance their product line in low- to no-cost space;
- Recruit potential future independent retailers to the area;
- Increase the vibrancy and retail mix of Fulton District by activating vacant storefronts;
- Place local emerging small businesses into permanent storefronts in downtown Fresno; and,
- Showcase retail leasing opportunities for Fulton District retail real estate.
September 8 | Fulton Marketplace Program Launches
September 28 | Meet & Greet
October – December | Office Hours, Site Walk-Through
December 22 | Applications Due by 11:59 pm
January 13 | Semi-Finalists Selected, People’s Choice Social Media Competition Launches
January 27 | Finalists Selected and Notified
February – March | Design and Build Out Space / Finalists Announced at State of Downtown
April – September | Open for Business! / Business Development Support Begins
September – December | Find Permanent Location / Sign Lease / Open for 2018 Holiday Season
Who Can Participate?
We are looking for creators, innovators, visionaries, self-starters, hard workers, believers. In short: entrepreneurs. If you love to create and have an existing, emerging small business, we want to see you downtown.
The following criteria will be applied to determine four finalists:
- Improvement to the downtown retail mix
- Applicant’s experience and investment
- Ability to engage the public
- Job creation
- Business vision and plan
- 60-second pitch video
The following items must be submitted by 11:59 pm on December 22, 2017 to be considered:
- Online Application: www.surveymonkey.com/r/fultonmarketplace
- 60-Second Pitch Video. To be submitted via Dropbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supplemental Documents: Any documents that help the selection committee understand why this is a good business for downtown Fresno. Examples: personal resume, site plan/layout/design options, marketing pieces, letters of intent from suppliers, product images. To be submitted via Dropbox: email@example.com
- Non-refundable application fee ($50). To be paid using the PayPal link below:
For more information on this program, download the entire packet: Fulton Marketplace Program