Fulton Street (Re)Opens
The Downtown Fresno Partnership invites you to a one-of-a-kind event on October 21 to celebrate this momentous occasion by highlighting Fulton’s unique past, exciting future, and the restaurants, shops, and businesses that make up the Fulton Entertainment District.
Join us for this multi-faceted evening featuring:
• City of Fresno Ribbon Cutting
• Draggin’ the Main Car Cruise
• Drink and food specials from Fulton restaurants
• Exclusive pop-up shops, bars, and restaurants
• Dynamic, live street art and performances
• Two beer gardens on Fulton Street
• Delicious food trucks
• Live music at the Music@Mariposa stage
Draggin’ the Main Car Cruise
Throughout the 1950s and early 1960s, young Fresnans spent their Friday and Saturday nights driving down Fulton Street, or “draggin’ the main,” as it was affectionately known. When Fulton was converted to a pedestrian mall in 1964, this long-lasting, iconic practice shifted to Belmont Ave. and eventually declined. Now, more than 50 years later, the Downtown Fresno Partnership aims to honor this historic tradition with Draggin’ the Main. This will be a family-friendly event to celebrate the opening of Fresno’s main drag and bring the tradition back to downtown Fresno.
Who: Car enthusiasts with pre-1964 (125 spaces available) and/or 1965 and newer vehicles (125 spaces available)
What: Cruise down Fresno’s main street
When: October 21, 2017, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Where: Fulton Street, downtown Fresno
Why: To commemorate the re-opening of Fulton Street and pay homage to its rich history
There are three simple steps to complete your registration for the Draggin’ the Main Car Cruise:
2. Pay for your Draggin’ the Main Car Cruise by selecting your vehicle classification and paying via PayPal below:
3. Purchase commemorative Draggin’ the Main t-shirts using the PayPal link below. Please note, this is optional, but must be done separate from the registration payment (above). Shirts are only available for Draggin’ the Main participants.
Fulton Pop-Ups Program
The Fulton Pop-Up Storefront Program is a one-day activation that will take place during the Fulton Street (Re)Opens event. This program is curated by the Downtown Fresno Partnership in an effort to match storefront opportunities along Fulton Street with local business owners and entrepreneurs interested in:
- Opening their business in downtown Fresno in the near future and/or
- Introducing an innovative use of a storefront in the Fulton Entertainment District, including pop-up shops, bars, restaurants, galleries, etc.
Stay tuned – more information on this program is coming soon.